When a biological feature of a user like Fingerprint, Face, Iris, etc is used to identify a user, it is known as biometric verification of the user. One of the important programs from the Indian Government where biometric verification is mandatory, is the Skill India program, where the Indian. Government provides monetary reward to every young person who successfully completes an approved skill training program with an affiliated training provider.
The objectives of a biometric verification and attendance solution is to eradicate the following challenges during the process of skill training:
- Unauthorized beneficiaries: Unauthorized beneficiaries show-up during the training session against a registered Aadhaar ID which results in identity fraud
- Ghost Beneficiaries:Mismatch in the number of beneficiaries actually present during the training session and numbers shown on attendance reports
- Non availability of effective portable biometric devices:The existing finger-print solution requires a dedicated scanner and needs to be installed at a given location with provisions for power and electrical wiring.
- Subsidy leakage:Padding up the number of trained beneficiaries submitted to government bodies not only defeats the overall purpose of skill training, but also leads to financial loss and corruption.
- High drop-out rate of beneficiaries:Absence of centralized attendance tracking system does not allow the management to have a close check on the actual cause of the high dropout rate of beneficiaries from the classroom sessions.
- Highinitial price and maintenance cost of existing Finger print hardware: Training sessions are conducted across the country in rural and semi-rural locations. Initial set up of existing fingerprint based hardware devices includes wiring, hardware install and internet setup. Considering the remote locations of most of the training centers, the setup becomes a tedious effort. This creates a lot of maintenance hassles later and long turnaround times, mostly due to time consumed in reaching to these far flung centers to deliver the support.
Aindra Labs has come up with biometric verification and attendance solutions that work even in an infrastructure deficient country like India. Our flagship products, based on our patent-pending Face-recognition engine, are called SmartVerify© and SmartAttendance© and work as user-friendly smartphone application for bio-metric verification of an user’s identity. SmartVerify© and SmartAttendance© work in tandem to help an organization, that is spread out across various branches in distant locations, to capture attendance for both in-the-office and on-the-field beneficiaries. The attendance information is geo-tagged with location and timestamp information, so that the organization can track the beneficiaries in a humanly auditable, smart fashion. SmartVerify© can verify the user’s identity from the facial photo captured in user’s Aadhaar card or a Passport size frontal face photo of the user. SmartAttendance© can produce central reports of periodic attendance for different frequencies like daily, weekly, monthly, etc. at the click of a button, along with other relevant information like location, duration, time-stamp, etc. while providing attendance, helping the management to track and manage the training beneficiaries closely.
A smartphone is usually the device of choice due to the ubiquitous-ness and low cost of the device. SmartVerify© and SmartAttendance© utilize user’s existing Smartphone. The face biometric solution from Aindra Labs is hardware-agnostic and also works with laptops, IP camera and even desktops with a webcam – essentially with any smart device that has a camera to take pictures. It is an innovation that promises to be a game-changer in the Skill India program of Indian Government and many other verticals where biometric verification of identity with location and time-stamp information of a mobile workforce is critical.
Based out of Bangalore, Aindra Labs creates Computer Vision and Machine Learning based products that address the problems of a huge magnitude in poor countries.
Our vision is to address problems of a huge magnitude with the aid of deep technology. We have been recognized as one of the top 10 Artificial Intelligence based start-ups in India.